Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Welcome to 100 Days 2010

One Hundred Days is a summer collaborative project put into motion by artist volunteers.

Last year
for 100 Days, I leapt into the tintype process, uncertain of how technically successful this venture would be and hopeful that I would master a new historical photographic technique. I had an amazing experience and felt I successfully met the challenge.

This year for 100 Days I plan to challenge myself by working with a photographic technique and image content that varies from my usual approach to photography. Since I generally work with historic processes and staged photography I plan to transition into digital photography for the summer.

I will create digital photographs in color. The content of the photographs will include a narrative which will unfold as the project progresses. To illustrate the narrative I will use found metaphors, deviating from my usual constructed metaphors which utilize personal prop-symbols.

In the end I hope to have a stronger relationship with my digital camera that surpasses our current love/hate relationship and a strengthened ability to find hidden stories and parallels to life within the everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment